My name is Inga. I’m Lady of Bookland and Journey in Bookland is my new blog. This will be place filled with books and bookish things, like reviews, recommendations, discussions, book hauls, and wrap-ups, tags, memes, challenges, and read-a-thons, dream casting, fangirling and more. It’s very likely that I’ll bring my love for TV series and movies to here as well because I enjoy many different ways that stories can be told. Possibly, I will share some sweet recipes as well. But mostly this will be a bookish place.
“A book is as dangerous as any journey you might take. The person who closes the back cover may not be the same one that opened the front one. Treat them with respect.” ― Mark Lawrence, Red Sister
So, here is a few things to know about me…
- When I was small I loved reading, and watching movies and TV series, which I still very much do.
- My childhood’s favourite authors were Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton and Astrid Lindgren as far as I remember… It was centuries ago 😀
- My favourite book was Matilda. The same time I loved Walt Disney illustrated books, like Oliver and Company, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, and so on and on.
- My favourite TV series were Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Roswell.
- I’m sad that during my childhood there was no Harry Potter, Magic Tree House, Secret Kingdom, and The Spiderwick Chronicles or books from Holly Webb, Cathy Cassidy, and Vivian French and many other wonderful children’s authors of 21st century. Unfortunately, I did not have access to The Chronicles of Narnia, His Dark Materials or Nancy Drew books. I know that I would have loved them all.
- Luckily for me, I still love middle grade and young adult fiction as I’m best friends with my inner child 🙂
- I stopped reading for several years after the graduation of middle school, but I returned to reading about three years ago (I think it was 2015 when I re-started reading again).
- Oh, and now there are impossibly many books that I have to read as I missed out on so many of them. But I’m up to the challenge.
- I’m still deciding on my favourite authors, but Victoria Schwab is definitely one of them. Also in this list could be Jennifer L. Armentrout, Sarah J. Mass, Richelle Mead, Erin Watt, and Mary E. Pearson, Rick Riordan, Laini Taylor, and Stephanie Garber, Paulo Coelho and many others. As I said, I’m still in decision making stage 🙂
- And there are too many books that I love to choose or name my favourites at the moment but in my Goodreads profile you can get an idea for books that I love.
- I write and read in English but it’s not my mother tongue, so I’m sorry for any grammatical errors that you will see in this blog.
- One last thing… I’m married and have the best two cats in the world. Oh, and I’m student again.
“Books. They are lined up on shelves or stacked on a table. There they are wrapped up in their jackets, lines of neat print on nicely bound pages. They look like such orderly, static things. Then you, the reader come along. You open the book jacket, and it can be like opening the gates to an unknown city, or opening the lid of a treasure chest. You read the first word and you’re off on a journey of exploration and discovery.” ― David Almond
Now my reading and blogging journey can start, and I hope that you will join me on this beautiful ride.
“I love the way that each book—any book—is its own journey. You open it, and off you go….” ― Sharon Creech
Lady of Bookland